Call-in Day Update
Thank you for joining today's National Call-in Day. Majority Leader Reid and Senator Durbin have heard you loud and clear. We received word that they got the message and know you support S. 714, the National Criminal Justice Commission Act.
If you have not yet called today, you can take Senators Durbin and Reid off your list and add Senator Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.), who is the Republican Whip.
· Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.), (202) 224-4521
· Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), (202) 224-3135
(If you already called Minority Leader McConnell, no need to call again.)
MESSAGE TO SENATORS:
Please support S. 714, the National Criminal Justice Commission Act, because:
• Having a transparent and bipartisan Commission review and identify effective criminal justice policies would increase public safety.
• The increase in incarceration over the past twenty years has stretched the system beyond its limits. The high cost to taxpayers is unsustainable, especially during these times of economic downturn.
• The proposed commission would conduct a comprehensive national review and would issue recommendations for reform.
The Sentencing Project is located at 1705 DeSales Street, NW 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20036. Send an email to The Sentencing Project.
The Sentencing Project is a national, non-profit organization engaged in research and advocacy for criminal justice reform.